Care Worker Induction Training
Abbots Care are passionate about training our care teams and invest in our staff from the day you join us.
Care Workers receive training from qualified nurses and social care experts.
Abbots Care has a reputation for high quality training, learning and development. It is our ambition to have the most qualified and competent team of care workers in the country.
Our Learning and development team are headed up by our Director and Learning and Development Manager, both qualified nurses and teachers with 30 plus years’ experience in the sector.
Your induction will be delivered by our qualified trainers, who will not only be able to offer theoretical support, but they will also be able to use real-life situations and challenges that they have experienced within home care. This theoretical and practical experience will equip you with the necessary skills to deal with any situation or challenges that may arise whilst providing care.
You will receive a 6-day paid Induction* and receive a Care Certificate compliant to the Governments Skills for Care standards.
What to expect from your Induction Training;
- You’ll learn the theory behind providing quality care.
- You’ll be involved in practical exercises like First Aid and Personal care to establish good practice.
- You’ll receive training in all aspects of Dementia and how to support people.
- We’ll tell you about our qualifications programmes so that you can continually develop throughout your time with Abbots Care.
- If you need any additional support before training we will meet with you to discuss how we can support throughout your induction. Wesupport you with any language or learning difficulties that you might have to make sure you can achieve the Care Certificate
- You’ll train alongside your new colleagues and you’ll get a chance to get to know them and build up relationships.
We run taster training sessions monthly, contact our recruitment team to book on one on 01727 891004
Why work for us
Abbots Care are growing and we're recruiting right now. Find out about all of our vacancies.Open Vacancies
Abbots Care are highly respected by both Clinical Commissioning Groups and Herts County Council and we value our partnership with this excellent home care provider.More Testimonials
“I came over to England to try new things and went into Care. Since starting in March 2017 I have found working for Abbots Care more rewarding and felt more accepted. I have built up a good relationship with the service users; I am so glad I came into this job it’s been the best experience ever.”
, Care Worker from SpainSee what our service users think