Care Training9th August 2017
Why choose to train at Abbots Care?
Care Worker Induction Training
At Abbots Care, we are passionate about training our care teams and we invest in our staff from the day you join us. We have a reputation for high quality training and learning and development, and it is our ambition to have the most qualified and competent team of care workers in the country.
All our Care Workers receive training from the very best qualified social care experts and your induction will be delivered by our qualified trainers, who will not only be able to offer theoretical support, but they will also be able to use real-life situations and challenges that they have experienced within home care. This theoretical and practical experience will equip you with the necessary skills to deal with any situation or challenges that may arise whilst providing care.
What to expect from your Induction Training;
- You’ll learn the theory behind providing quality care.
- You’ll be involved in practical exercises such as First Aid and Personal care to establish good practice.
- You’ll receive training in all aspects of Dementia and how to support people.
- We’ll tell you about our qualifications programmes so that you can continually develop throughout your time with Abbots Care.
- If you need any additional support before training we will meet with you to discuss how we can support throughout your induction. We support you with any language or learning difficulties that you might have to make sure you can achieve the Care Certificate
- You’ll train alongside your new colleagues and you’ll get a chance to get to know them and build up relationships.
Our training courses run every fortnight at your local branch. Please contact our recruitment team to book onto our next session: 0330 094 5511
Further Training and qualifications
Our Training Programmes
Abbots Care believes that good training is an essential part of a care worker’s development and as a result forms part of an ongoing process where we continually identify training needs, give individualised support to ensure that all staff meet their goals and aspirations.
Abbots Care offers all of its care teams access to specialist in-house training sessions throughout the year. We offer a wide variety of subjects which include Stroke Awareness, Understanding Mental Health , End of Life Care, Advanced Dementia, Bereavement, Catheter Care, Personal Care, Feeding, Gastrostomy Care, Learning disabilities, Epilepsy and many more specialist areas. There is always an interesting course running that you can book yourself on to.
Why work for us
Abbots Care are growing and we're recruiting right now. Find out about all of our vacancies.
“I came over to England to try new things and went into care. Since starting in March 2017 I have found working for Abbots Care more rewarding and felt more accepted. I have built up a good relationship with the service users. I am so glad I came into this job it’s been the best experience ever.”
EmployeeSee what our service users think